Africa: Continental Shift
After a year in which a South African merger deal created the biggest firm on the continent, African firms are broadening their landscapes in the way they approach work and market themselves. Sophie Evans reports on Africa's rapidly-growing legal market
South Africa is coming to a crunch point. More than a decade after the end-of-apartheid euphoria and the democratisation of much of southern Africa, economic growth is healthy and the region’s law firms are enjoying good times.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651