Reinsurance: In search of a lighter touch
The ability to establish special purpose vehicles for insurance would maintain London's lead in a competitive market
Efficient use of capital is a fundamental requirement in the insurance/reinsurance markets. The global nature of the capital market means new capital structures and regulatory changes in one jurisdiction can have significant effects in other jurisdictions. The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has recently completed a review of the issues in setting up an authorisation process in England for insurance special purpose vehicles (ISPVs).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651