Commonwealth Countries: Beyond These Shores
UK firms are widening their horizons in an increasingly competitive labour market, and the Commonwealth countries can provide rich pickings for firms on the lookout for talent, as Derek Bedlow discovers
The British Empire may be long gone, but its legacy of common law legal systems in countries including Australia, New Zealand, India, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Africa is proving to be a real boon for London’s leading law firms, for whom history has provided a large pool of well-qualified, experienced legal talent willing and able to relocate and hit the ground running in times of high demand.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651