Taking care of business
The legal profession has woken up to the importance of technology, which is reflected in the growing influence of IT professionals - the main subject of discussion at Legal Week's Strategic Technology Forum in Portugal this month. Sophie Evans reports
Lawyers must tire of the unfavourable comparisons made between their profession and counterparts in the bean-counting and consultancy professions. The law is typically characterised as being years behind accountants and management consultants in terms of the technology they use, the way they manage themselves and the speed with which they adapt to market changes.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651