Lovells Acts On £4.5bn Annuities Disposal
Lovells is acting opposite Slaughter and May on Equitable Life’s disposal of £4.6bn of pension annuities to Canada Life. Lovells is advising longstanding client Equitable Life on the transaction, which was announced last week (11 May) and is the biggest-ever transfer of non-profit annuities in the UK. The deal was signed after an auction process that took place in March. Insurance partners Charles Rix and David Sullivan are leading the Lovells team, while Slaughters corporate partners Jan Putnis and Sarah Paterson are advising Canada Life.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651