Listen to the lion
Corporate counsel shape their destiny
“Bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about it.” So says Timon to Simba, during a low point in the future Lion King’s adventures. You would not expect Brackett Denniston, general counsel of General Electric (GE), to be an adherent of such a defeatist philosophy. Sure enough, he adopts a distinctly more upbeat approach to life. “Do your job well and good things will happen to you,” he tells Legal Week in an in-depth interview this week. Although, like any good lawyer, he is quick to qualify his remark with the proviso that this will be the case “most of the time”. The occasion for the interview is the forthcoming Legal Week Corporate Counsel Forum, which takes place in Paris on 10-12 May, 2006, and is being chaired by Denniston, who will also deliver the keynote speech.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651