McGrigors Discusses Ledingham Takeover
McGrigors is in advanced talks to take on a significant chunk of Scots rival Ledingham Chalmers. Under the proposals, the 41-partner energy firm’s Aberdeen and Inverness offices would form the heart of a new firm, which will focus on specialist oil and gas work in the north of Scotland. The firm’s international energy team – thought to constitute approximately a third of the practice – would transfer to big four Scots giant McGrigors. The move follows Ledingham’s launch of a new City arm last summer, with the transfer of a three-lawyer team to new premises in Mayfair.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651