Corporate counsel take charge on deals
Corporate Counsel: The Verdict: Eight in 10 senior corporate counsel have acted as principal adviser on a transaction in the past year, according to research carried out by Legal Week. Ed Thornton analyses what the results mean for in-house teams and their advisers
Corporate counsel are confident about playing a lead role on transactions, according to the results of Legal Week’s new poll of senior in-house lawyers – The Verdict. Eight in 10 respondents (83%) revealed that their in-house team has over the last year acted as principal adviser on a transaction – with 50% of those polled claiming this was ‘sometimes’ the case and 33% claiming they ‘often’ take the lead instead of law firms.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651