Legal IT Top 100: Law firms must stay at the forefront of technology to give clients the best possible service. Beachcroft Wansbroughs' information director Jeffrey Ng explains how investing into cutting-edge computer systems is improving quality and productivity - and why they are also bringing the firm closer to its customers
Beachcroft Wansbroughs (BW) has continually invested in computer systems, equipment, personnel and training to ensure that the firm is at the forefront of modern technology. In this financial year, a decision was taken to increase the direct investment into IT by 40% in order to assist the business to deliver a series of key strategic initiatives. These initiatives are primarily aimed at improving client service, quality and productivity. They include a firm-wide ‘matter management’ system to streamline activities from receiving client instruction, matter opening, anti-money laundering and conflicts checking, right across to producing client engagement letters and billing protocols. Two other leading-edge projects are focused on transforming employment and commercial property work. The IT team also continue to develop solutions to provide online services which are integrated within the heart of the clients’ intranet, helping to break down the barrier between a client’s system and the law firm’s system.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651