When I'm 65
Partnership & Training: If you have been following the Republic of Ireland's experience of age discrimination claims, as a partner in a law firm, you should be worried. Sarah Keeble advises partners on the new age discrimination rules coming into force in October 2006 and the effect it will have on the recruitment and running of a law firm
The introduction of new age discrimination laws is likely to have a dramatic effect on all employers. Law firms will not be immune and, given the way they traditionally run their firms, the rules are likely to have a significant impact. Draft regulations have been published and although there may be some amendments as they go through Parliament, there are unlikely to be changes to the underlying principles.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651