The Legal Week Benchmarker survey turns up a number of interesting statistics, but perhaps one of the most intriguing is how the crucial role of communication with external M&A lawyers is the make-or-break factor in many a deal. Neasa Macerlean reports
Most parts of the M&A market are growing. At the top end of the spectrum, the FTSE 100 has been propelled to recent peaks by expectations of deals. And through most of the marketplace there is concrete and anecdotal evidence of an M&A boom. Many of these deals could run into trouble if legal advisers were inflexible or if they communicated badly with the in-house counsel who commissioned them.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651