Offshore: Bermuda is a popular jurisdiction for both owners and operators of aircraft in terms of aircraft registration and financing. Kerri Viera describes the benefits that may be obtained from registering an aircraft on the Bermuda register
Bermuda-registered aircraft are maintained and operated to the highest standards required and accepted internationally by reputable aviation regulatory authorities. As Bermuda is an Over-seas Territory of the United Kingdom, the Bermuda Department of Civil Aviation (BDCA) is subject to safety oversight surveillance by the UK Civil Aviation Authority. The high standard of the Bermuda register is evidenced by the fact the US Federal Aviation Authority classified Bermuda as a Category 1 jurisdiction under their international aviation safety assessment programme.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651