Striking a chord
Being head of legal for one of the country's top hospitality companies typically involves a lot of buying and selling, something Whitbread's Simon Barratt relishes. Ed Thornton finds out about the company's multiple brands, and how Barratt's role is evolving
Simon Barratt, company secretary and legal affairs director of Whitbread, describes himself as a “perennial hobbyist”, having recently added mountain biking and photography to his long-term passion of guitar playing.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651