Legal Developments: (Ukraine) Risks and rewards characterise Ukrainian investments
Western investors have shown heightened interest in Ukraine's economy as fears grow that EU wages will rise
Upon taking office, President Viktor Yuschenko famously noted, “money knows no borders”. What, exactly, does this phrase mean for foreign investors with an interest in Ukraine? The country began to emerge from its economic doldrums in spring 2000, when the influential mayors of key cities such as Kiev, Donetsk, Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov created a ‘repatriation amnesty’.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651