Analysis: The fair trade lawyers
Being an in-house lawyer for a government body brings an extra layer of responsibility to the job. The Office of Fair Trading's legal team has been expanding lately, with a new litigation unit forming part of the new-look team. Charlie Wright reports on the body's latest round of appointments
Earlier this month, John Fingleton, currently head of the Irish Competition Authority, was named as the new chief executive of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), taking on one of the UK’s most high-profile regulatory roles.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651