The sure thing with IT
Risk management is becoming ever more popular as a result of increased regulation and spiralling indemnity insurance costs. The difficulty law firms have is finding a system which suits their own style of working and which provides measurable performance. Pam Kendrick-Astle reports
Thring Townsend is a 27-partner firm based in Bath and Swindon. It was looking for a consistent and effective way of measuring performance across the commercial and private client teams. Following a risk audit, it was clear to the firm’s management team that the solution was going to be IT-based. Managing partner Thomas Sheppard and finance director John Hilton saw that an agenda-driven system, with exception reporting, was the way forward.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651