Law Society Names Two New Board Chairs
The Law Society has appointed the chairs for two new boards as Chancery Lane gears up for the post-Clementi overhaul of its governance. Peter Williamson, a former Law Society president, is named chair of the new 16-strong regulation board. Meanwhile, Shamit Saggar, a professor of political science at the University of Sussex, is appointed chair of the new consumer complaints board. The part-time roles each carry an annual salary of £60,000.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651