Scotland: Deal hunting
The past year has been a mixed bag for Scotland's corporate practices, but the main players report an increase in the volume of deals. Charlie Wright looks at who has been doing well in Edinburgh and Glasgow in 2005
At times it can be hard to differentiate between the various troughs, dips, depressions and downturns that have afflicted the UK corporate arena in recent years, when it seems that for each welcome flurry of activity there is a more sustained hangover. Firms on the continent have fared even worse, with European M&A at a 10-year low.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651