Litigation Support: Constant evolution
The rules governing electronic disclosure are increasing by the day and legal departments have to constantly keep abreast of the changes or risk the consequences. Martin Carey reports
Today, having a thorough knowledge of the relevant disclosure rules and guidelines relating to electronic information is necessary to understand the issues involved in the preservation and production of digital evidence. Recently, the UK electronic disclosure arena has seen significant evolution in this area, including reports relating to the handling of electronic information as published by the Working Party chaired by Mr Justice Cresswell, the Commercial Litigators’ Forum and the Litigation Support Technology group (LiST) group. These best practice guidelines make substantial progress in the UK, as litigators, litigation support, IT staff and corporations strive to gain control of the electronic-explosion.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651