Professional Negligence: Nothing to lose
Sir David Clementi's proposed changes to the regulatory framework within which lawyers' work could fundamentally change the circumstances under which they can face claims for professional negligence. Nick Bird reports
On 21 March, Lord Falconer announced the Govern-ment’s endorsement of Sir David Clementi’s recommendations for reform of legal services. All the signs indicate that any third Labour Government would aim to implement reforms quickly. Within a year or two, there could be significant changes in the way many negligence claims are determined.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651