Legal Developments: Tune in, turn on
Developments in communications technology are good news for consumers who want to stay in touch, but are causing no end of headaches for legislators. Carolyn Boyle reports
The proliferation of new technologies heralds a revolution in the communications sector. Consumers are expected to enjoy faster, cheaper, more diverse services as new systems are trialled and rolled out across the globe. But these developments are also proving something of a challenge for industry watchdogs, which must determine how best to revamp outmoded regulatory frameworks to accommodate the technologies of tomorrow.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651