Offshore: On the level
Jersey, Guernsey and the Cayman Islands have introduced legislation to capitalise on specialist funds work, a lucrative area of business for offshore centres. It is the harmonisation of this legislation that will allow these centres to forge ahead, writes Roger Le Tissier
As the globalisation of offshore law firms continues, three finance centres are emerging as pre-eminent jurisdictions for specialist fund work, in particular hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds and property funds.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651