Offshore: Betting on the Isle
Online gambling is a major growth area for a number of offshore financial centres, and following the WTO's decision in the dispute between the US and Antigua & Barbuda, it is likely to become an even more popular source of business. Miles Benham reports on how this industry is being supported on the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is one of the birthplaces of regulated online gambling. On the island, operators can obtain licences to conduct a variety of forms of gambling over the internet or by telephone. Bookmaking, casino games and poker are the most popular forms of online gambling.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651