Southwest: A flutter on reform
The proposals contained within the Government's new Gambling Bill could revolutionise the casino trade in the UK. With its close proximity to the capital and high concentration of wealth, the southeast could be ideally placed to benefit. Phil Crier reports
The Gambling Bill, introduced by the Government to the Commons on 18 October, modernises gambling laws and proposes a uniform regulatory system for all gambling in the UK, except for the Lottery and spread betting.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651