Offshore: Its place in the sun
Offshore financial centres have been finding themselves in the glare of the media spotlight. Where should they go from here? A panel of delegates attempted to answer this question at a Legal Week roundtable held in association with Ozannes. Des Cahill reports
Are offshore financial centres receiving more than their fair share of attention? According to Peter Har-wood, head of Ozannes’ corporate department in Guernsey, most certainly. “The offshore centres have been under the cosh now for a number of years,” he told the recent Legal Week breakfast roundtable on Offshore Financial Centres (OFCs) in the 21st century. “There has been a constant stream of international auditors coming to the islands to look at us.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651