Interview Advice: Stay ahead of the game
You have made it through the initial selection process and now you face your first interview. With a little preparation and the right attitude, it need not be as terrifying an experience as you first thought it would be. Sally Carthy gives her top 10 tips
The letter inviting you to your first interview fell onto the doormat with a loud thud this morning. In convincing the selectors that you meet the basic requirements for the position, you have survived the initial, and most competitive, stage of the recruitment process. All that stands between you and your dream job is that inter-view, so it is time to spring into action. Follow the 10 tips below and you will soon have the inter-viewers convinced that you are the one they want.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651