US Firms in London: The best-laid plans
US firms staking a claim in the City of London market have more to worry about than working out the accent. George Bull looks at the issues that each firm should consider before making a move across the ocean
What US clients want, US lawyers deliver. In response to demands for coverage in key international centres, US law firms have continued to expand around the globe. The mantra that London is the stepping stone to Europe is more true than ever and US firms continue to put up their brass plates in the City and West End – as a strategic post in the first instance, perhaps as a gateway to Europe in due course.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651