Mallesons to merge with Hong Kong's Kwok
Australian giant Mallesons Stephen Jaques is merging with independent Hong Kong practice Kwok & Yih. Mallesons will take over the 25-lawyer corporate specialist from 1 October. The Hong Kong firm also has a mainland China office in Shanghai. Mallesons’ chief executive partner, Tony D’Aloisio, said: “[Clients] wanted a broader range of services.” The deal will see Kwok & Yih name partner Larry Kwok become the managing partner of Mallesons’ Hong Kong/ China operation, and gives the Australian leader a total of 59 lawyers in Hong Kong.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651