Comment: Playing the race card badly
Hide and squeak...
Three weeks ago, Department for Constitutional Affairs (DCA) minister David Lammy delivered a speech to the Black Solicitors Network. The DCA promptly put out a press statement outlining the thrust of Lammy’s argument – essentially that large commercial law firms have failed to effectively promote ethnic diversity. Nothing unusual about that, but Legal Week was keen to ask some questions relating to the valid issues raised by the minister. After several weeks of attempting to gain five minutes of telephone time with Lammy, Legal Week was informed by the minister’s office that said minutes could not be spared until September.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651