Another CC partner quits California practice
By James Lumley
Another partner has quit Clifford Chance’s (CC’s) battered West Coast practice with corporate partner Maria Sendra departing the London-based giant for Baker & McKenzie.Sendra, a partner at CC’s San Diego branch since joining the firm two years ago from Brobeck Phleger & Harrison, will head-up Baker’s corporate and securities group in Southern California when she joins the 19-lawyer office this month.Baker & McKenzie’s North American managing partner John Conroy said: “We are committed to the growth of our West Coast practices, and our corporate and securities practice in particular.”Sendra’s departure follows a deal secured earlier this week to transfer 11 CC partners to Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe after months of discord at the UK firm’s West Coast practice.The move effectively shuts CC’s San Francisco and Los Angeles branches but the firm is now reviewing whether to maintain the San Diego branch.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651