Nauta chiefs quit ahead of shake-up
By Sarah Gill
NautaDutilh’s joint chiefs have quit their roles ahead of a management shake-up that will see the pair stand down in favour of a full time professional manager.The surprise decision by joint managing partners Joan van Marwijk Kooy and Job van der Have to stand down comes after a year dogged with internal strategic uncertainties, sliding profits and the loss of a major restructuring job from long-term client Parmalat to rival Houthoff Buruma in January.The move is expected to see the firm scrap the managing partner role altogether.Van der Have and van Marwijk Kooy are both discussing their options within the firm, though Nauta partners stressed that no firm decision regarding their future had been taken.Nauta is set to finalise the appointment next week of a senior business figure to lead the firm amid indications that the firm is hoping for a clear shift in strategic direction.Unusually for a Dutch firm, Nauta is to appoint a non-lawyer to the role, backed by a four partner board.One Nauta partner told Legal Week: “Quite a few partners are not happy with what is happening and this part-time four partner board is not a long-term solution but an interim answer.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651