The way ahead
The much-heralded modernisation of the justice system of England and Wales has taken a further step forward with the creation of the Litigation Support Technology Group
The justice system in England and Wales is on the brink of a huge surge of modernisation – a ‘fact’ we have, of course, heard many times before. Soon there will be cyber-courts, virtual hearings and electronic disclosure, video conferencing will become the de facto standard for dispute resolution both in and out of the courts, and a new litigation support services industry will be booming, just like in Singapore and Sydney. For quite some time, large commercial interests and enthusiastic individuals have valiantly attempted to wish this scenario into being by sheer force of will.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651