After 20 years in legal practice, Andrew Brownlee took the plunge and moved into IT consultancy. His connections with Axxia Systems strengthened to the point where he became their senior case management consultant. Here he describes how knowledge from both sides of the tracks has proved invaluable
The transition from legal professional to IT professional can be difficult to describe. Poacher turned gamekeeper? (Definitely not – neither side would agree which way around this should apply). Defector? Escapee? What it really amounts to is that I have previously been on the inside of the legal profession looking out – whereas now I am on the outside looking in.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651