A finger on the pulse
So qualifying as a commercial lawyer in the City is a quick and easy route to a sky's-the-limit salary and an expense account to match? Not if you lack commercial awareness, it isn't - Robert Lee sounds a cautionary note
Do you read a daily paper, catch the news on the radio, or just take no real interest in current affairs? If you buy a newspaper, is it a tabloid? And if it is a tabloid, is it the Independent? Am I right in guessing that it isn’t the Financial Times? Am I being serious? You’re the one who is about to apply for a training contract in corporate legal practice.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651