Tried and tested
After more than two years of extensive consultation and debate, the new EC Merger Regulation has been published.
From its publication in 1989, the current merger regulation has become a cornerstone of the overall European Community competition regime. Regulation 4064/89 has been widely regarded as a great success, allowing the commission to handle over 2,400 notifications in the past 14 years. Of critical significance to practitioners, the commission has consistently succeeded in meeting the tight deadlines laid down by the existing framework, which provides precious commercial certainty for both merging parties and their advisers.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651