Simpson Thacher takes helm for Bank One buy.
Firm scoops lead role advising JP Morgan on £31.6bn Bank One takeover deal
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has scooped the highly coveted lead role on JP Morgan Chase’s $58bn (£31.6bn) takeover of Bank One, creating the second largest bank in the US after Citigroup.The deal, a further sign of renewed confidence in the US M&A market, sees the banks combine on a stock-for-stock merger offering 1.32 shares in JP Morgan for every share in Bank One.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651