Legal Week reports
Allen & Overy corporate partner Jeremy Parr and Hamburg-based partners Hans Schoneweg and Rheinhard Hermes advised Imperial Tobacco Group on its £385m acquisition of shares in Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken from Tchibo Holdings, giving it almost total control of the company. This acquisition takes the UK-based cigarette manufacturer’s stake in the German rival from 90.01% to 99.2%. Hengeler Mueller Frankfurt-based partners Klaus-Dieter Stephan and Thomas Mueller advised the vendor. The London team, led by Parr, included corporate associates Alison Hamer and Ian Borman. Individuals holding the remaining shares have an option to sell by the end of July.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651