Gleneagles: Meet the neighbours
IT directors are no longer kidding themselves that they are in a position to revolutionise legal strategy and have now realised that it is all about delivering good service while cutting costs, according to the topics discussed at the fifth Glenlegal Forum
IT directors are feeling insecure and undervalued. Long gone are the days when law firm IT directors could kid themselves that they themselves had the power to transform – even revolutionise – legal practice and that their influence on strategy could be compared to that of a chief financial officer. Managing an IT department is about delivering a good service to the lawyers while cutting costs for the business, nothing more and nothing less. An IT director acting as a revolutionary change agent and driving the firm’s business in new directions – that is the stuff of fantasy.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651