Offshore: Hedging your bets
The foresight show by the Cayman Islands' legislators has made it the number one choice for offshore hedge fund investors, says Peter Cockhill
Given the protracted bear market in the US and European equity markets in recent years, it may be surprising to the casual observer to discover that hedge funds, and in particular offshore hedge funds, have continued to expand and attract investors. Figures released by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority continue to reflect a strong demand for offshore services – in particular, regulated mutual funds have grown by 50% over the figures for 2000.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651