Offshore: An individual approach
Graham Lockington looks at the application of the sophisticated person and high net worth person exemptions to the Cayman Islands' Securities Investment Business Law (2003 revision)
The Securities Investment Business Law (2003 Revision) (SIBL) is now fully in effect. Investment managers and advisers incorporated or established in the Cayman Islands – or with a registered branch there – who were carrying on securities investment business on 29 July, 2003 now have until the end of January 2004 to comply with its provisions.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651