A new deal for Europe
Pipe deals are a hot topic among US venture capitalists, but are proving less popular in the European market, as regulatory issues challenge their potential. John Daghlian and Simon Witney explore the opportunities
Venture capitalists have been talking a lot about ‘Pipe’ deals recently. So far in Europe, it has been largely talk, although many say that they will consider taking a stake in a quoted company (a Private Investment in Public Equity, or Pipe) in the next 12 months. If you believe that Europe will follow the pattern in the US, an explosion of these deals might be expected.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651