Business Focus: The enterprise culture: a fresh impetus
On 7 November 2002 the Enterprise Act received Royal Assent. The Act will substantially reform both corporate insolvency and bankruptcy legislation. Andrew Buchanan and Gavin Jones look at the key provisions of the Act, as it applies to corporate insolvency, which are expected to come into force on 15 September
In the recession of the early 1990s, banks and other secured lenders were criticised for being too quick to call in their debts and exercising too much control and influence over companies through the enforcement of their security.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651