City leaders cash in at Debenhams sale
City players line up to gain a slice of the action as battle to secure £1.54bn purchase of department store hots up
A pack of leading City law firms have been drafted in to advise on the £1.54bn scramble to acquire UK department store chain Debenhams.Ashurst Morris Crisp is advising the target, an established client it has been acting for since it was demerged from The Burton Group about five years ago. The Ashursts team is being led by corporate partner Richard Gubbins.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651