Technology focus: Blissful ignorance
Effectively financial reporting is a vital component in the successful management of a law firm through an economic downturn, ut too few partners are taking the time to evaluate their firm's position. Justin North looks at how the right technology can help
Unfortunately for all of us, high-profit margins are not necessarily guaranteed in the current market. This can be attributed to any number of individual or a combination of factors, a majority of which are closely aligned with the increased levels of external competition. Factors such as the decreased level of client loyalty, the competitiveness of panel membership, the growth of in-house representation and the pressures caused by the growing divide between the first and second tier firms, all contribute to the pressures a firm faces in its struggle to maintain profitability.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651