Shearmans boosts West Coast team
Shearman & Sterling has bolstered its West Coast practice with the hire of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati corporate partner Carmen Chang. US-qualified Chang, who was born in Nanjing in China, is also fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. Her departure marks a rare partner loss for the Palo Alto-based Wilson Sonsini as the leading technology specialist continues to struggle with the prolonged slowdown in its core market. Commenting on the hire, Shearmans senior partner David Heleniak said: “Carmen’s practice bridges the Pacific. She is an extraordinarily valuable addition to both our Bay Area offices and our China practice.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651