France: The next generation
The Paris legal market has long been dominated by a handful of top M&A lawyers, operating from the city's leading firms. With the retirement of these elder statesmen of French law just around the corner, Antony Collins looks at which lawyers will be coming through to take their places at the head of the market
“To get visibility on the Paris market you need to work on the big M&A deals,” says Yves Wehrli, Clifford Chance’s (CC’s) Paris managing partner. This gambit cuts to the core of the Paris market’s obsession with M&A rainmakers.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651