Case Study: Leader of the pack
Rather than falling into the trap of purchasing the latest bleeding-edge software for the sake of it, Masons has concentrated on developing an extremely resilient IT infrastructure. Kieran Flatt reports
As a law firm that specialises in advising IT companies, one might expect Masons to be the kind of practice that focuses its resources on procurement of the latest gadgets and bleeding-edge software. But far from it. The main focus of the firm’s IT department – for the past four years led by IT director Kevin Connell – has been on developing a highly resilient infrastructure, something that a number of law firms have ignored.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651