The Bar: Advertising the bar
Is the Bar commercially geared up to direct access? Former in-house barrister Mark Engelman, who now practises as an independent barrister and sits as a non-executive director, says that the time has come for the Bar to actively promote its services to the business community
Having left college as a pharmacologist I was introduced to a member of the patent bar who insisted that life as a lawyer was a lot better than life as a research scientist. At the time I was a long way from the stuffy world of Middle Temple Hall where we met. Nevertheless, I was persuaded and exchanged lab coat for gown some time ago.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651