Management: Metrics reloaded
It is Monday morning. You are called into the finance director's office. The plan is to outsource the legal department. You have until Friday to demonstrate that the legal function offers the best value for money for the company. What do you do? Graham Olver and Christopher Davis, of the commercial department at Thames Water, suggest a structure for response
You struggle through traffic into the office and you are a double espresso short of kick starting the week. The weekend at home disintegrated as you worked on a Joint Venture Agreement for Pete – an old friend who was an entrepreneurial business development director in one of the company’s subsidiaries. The “It will take only an hour or so” had crept remorselessly into the usual mix of eight or 10 hours of calls and drafting – depending on whose time-keeping you believed, yours or your wife’s or the kids’.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651