IP/IT: A common bond
Although the announcement of an EU-wide community patent and accompanying court raised hopes of a standardised patents system across Europe, experts in the field believe there are still a number of hurdles to overcome, writes Sophie Evans
The committees of Brussels do not normally aim to shock – their often laboured way of working usually means news from a meeting leaks well before its official announcement is made. So it was with some surprise that the world of IP reacted to the news that a community patent, and an accompanying court, is finally to be set up after 30 years of trying.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651